Hey guys, Jess here!
Quick afternoon update!
After a long night with Thomas, who decided bed time was not actually his idea of a good time – I decided I needed to bake a little. I made biscuits! Now, biscuits in the basic form, not so much my forte, much unlike the baked potato which for some reason, I’m also pretty crappy at. Really, how hard is it to bake a potato? For me, it’s just not possible. I gave up, and just boil the damn things.
Back to my biscuits!
Beautiful aren’t they? Mmm. What you’re seeing here, are home made drop biscuits, loaded with bacon (yes bacon) and cheese (oh yes) topped with home made garlic butter. Drooling yet? I sure am and I’ve already eaten two.
The sad part about the whole mess, is that I took better pictures on my phone, than on my DSLR camera. Long story short, I guess I’ll be using my phone and saving my camera for landscapes and portraits.
Without further delay, I give you! The recipe.
Cheddar Bacon Drop Biscuits (makes approx. 15)
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Grated Cheese (I used marble, but any cheese really!)
- 4 strips cooked and cooled bacon (I cut it up with my kitchen scissors)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees!
- Mix all dry ingredients plus cheese and bacon in a medium bowl
- Add all wet ingredients and mix well. The batter is going to be sticky!
- Using a lightly greased (or you can line with parchment) cookie sheet, drop heaping tablespoons of batter. Now I say you can get about fifteen, I like big biscuits, so I only ever get between 11-12.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden on the bottom
Now for the garlic butter!
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green onion (I just cut them up with scissors!)
Just spoon onto fresh out of the oven biscuits, and let them cool a bit before eating!
TA-DA! So good people. You’re going to love them. Let me know if you make them yourself, and how they came out! Let me know if you omitted the savory side of them, and used them another way! The basic recipe without the cheese and bacon is great too!
Make today possible;